Dental surgery planning: Here are some post-operatory recommendation
READ CAREFULLY :
At the slightest complication or problem, please contact us immediately at our offices.
IMPORTANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
A simple negligence of your part may delay healing or recovery.
YOU MUST FOLLOW MEDICAL PRESCRIPTIONS:
If there is pain, use the medication prescribed.
Day of surgery:
- Application of ice for 48 hours will prevent swelling.
- With a light pressure, bite down on gauze for one hour.
- Do not lay down or fall asleep without supporting your head with two or three pillows.
- The next two hours that follow surgery, you must abstain from eating, drinking or smoking.
- Avoid hot liquids (and spicy foods).
- Do not rinse your mouth or brush your teeth.
- To relieve oneself of chap lips use Vaseline.
- No overwork.
The following days:
- After each meal, brush delicately your teeth, also the spot that was operated on and the sutures.
- Add one to two teaspoons of salt in a glass of lukewarm water, use to rinse your mouth and bathe the operated region.
- Maintain a good alimentation. If unable to chew, drink lots of liquids.
- Applications of hot compresses will reduce swelling, from the third day.
According to the severity of your operation, you may normally manifest the new few symptoms like:
SWELLING: Will be more pronounced the second and third day following surgery. But will diminish gradually.
DISCOLORATION: Colored spots that may appear are normal.
BLEEDING: Very light – may last a few days.
DISCOMFORT: Difficulty to open your mouth for a few days.
« Back to blog